[CvGmt News] Seminario di J. E. Massetti (5/12/2017 ore 14:30)

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it
Tue Nov 28 22:27:35 CET 2017

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 5 Dicembre 2017, ore 14:30 Aula Dal Passo

Jessica Elisa Massetti (Universita' Roma Tre)

Titolo: Almost-periodic tori for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation

Abstract: The problem of persistence of invariant tori in infinite
dimension is a challenging problem in the study of PDEs. There is a rather
well established literature on the persistence of n-dimensional invariant
tori carrying a quasi-periodic Diophantine flow (for one-dimensional
system) but very few on the persistence of infinite-dimensional ones.
Inspired by the classical "twisted conjugacy theorem" of M. Herman for
perturbations of degenerate Hamiltonians possessing a Diophantine
invariant torus, we intend to present a compact and unified frame in which
recover the results of Bourgain and Pöschel on the existence of
almost-periodic solutions for the Nonlinear Schrödinger equation. We shall
discuss the main advantages of our approach as well as new perspectives.
This is a joint work with L. Biasco and M. Procesi.

Website: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti/SeminarioED.html