[CvGmt News] Centro De Giorgi: annuncio seminario di sistemi dinamici

CRM crm at sns.it
Thu Nov 2 08:57:42 CET 2017

Ci scusiamo per eventuali annunci ripetuti

CENTRO DI RICERCA MATEMATICA "ENNIO DE GIORGI"

​Ricordiamo
 che giovedì 2 Novembre alle ore 14:30  in Sala Conferenze, Centro di
Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi, Collegio Puteano, Piazza dei Cavalieri
3, ci sarà il seguente seminario

Title: Parabolic perturbations of unipotent flows

Speaker: Davide Ravotti (University of Bristol)

Abstract: Unipotent flows are classical examples of parabolic flows, namely
flows for which the divergence of nearby points is polynomial in time. Very
little is known about the ergodic properties of general smooth parabolic
flows, even for smooth perturbations of homogeneous ones, with the only
exception of the case of time-changes. In this talk, I will show that
mixing persists for a class of smooth perturbations of any unipotent flow
which are not time-changes. In particular, we consider certain flows on
compact quotients of SL(3, R) which are obtained by adding to a unipotent
flow a perturbation in a commuting direction. The proof relies on a
geometric shearing mechanism together with a non-homogeneous version of
Mautner Phenomenon.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Cordiali saluti.
Antonella Gregorace