[CvGmt News] Fwd: Call for 23 PhD positions in Vienna

Luigi Ambrosio luigi.ambrosio at sns.it
Sun Feb 12 12:55:38 CET 2017

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Oggetto: 	Call for 23 PhD positions in Vienna
Data: 	Sun, 12 Feb 2017 11:59:54 +0100
Mittente: 	Ansgar Jüngel <juengel at tuwien.ac.at>
A: 	juengel at tuwien.ac.at

Dear Colleague:
We are looking for ambitious, excellent PhD students in Applied
Mathematics or related fields for our Doctoral School

    "Dissipation and dispersion in nonlinear partial differential
    equations", http://npde.tuwien.ac.at,

    in connection with our new Special Research Program (SFB)
    "Taming complexity in partial differential systems",
    http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~stefanelli/SFB_project_website,

    at TU Wien, Universitaet Wien, and IST Austria.

* Topics: mathematical modeling, analysis, numerics, and simulation
    of dissipative and dispersive nonlinear PDEs as well as
    stochastic processes, applications in physics, biology, finance.

* Number of positions: 23 (working contracts for up to 4 years).

* Benefits: exciting and dynamic scientific environment, structured
    PhD program, intensive supervision, international network.

* Deadline: 28 February 2017 (applications after the deadline may
    be considered until the positions are filled).

* More information: http://viennapde.org/call.html.

I would be glad if you can distribute our Call for Applications,
see the attached poster. Thank you very much!
Best regards
Ansgar (Jungel)