[CvGmt News] Seminario L. Battaglia (14/02/2017)

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it
Tue Feb 7 14:41:59 CET 2017

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 14 Febbraio 2017, ore 14:30 Aula D'Antoni
(NOTARE IL CAMBIO DI AULA!)

Luca Battaglia (Sapienza, Universita' di Roma)

Titolo:"Entire solutions for Liouville systems".

Abstract:
I will consider a system of two coupled Liouville equations on the plane
R^2. The system admits so-called "scalar" solutions, namely such that the
two components u_1(x),u_2(x) coincide. These solutions actually solve a
scalar Liouville equation on the plane, hence they are very well known and
they have been completely classified. On the other hand, much less is
known about non-scalar solutions.
Using bifurcation theory, I will show the existence of some branches of
(non-scalar) solutions bifurcating from a scalar solution.
This is a joint work with Francesca Gladiali (Università di Sassari) and
Massimo Grossi (Sapienza - Università di Roma).

Website: http://www.mat.uniroma2.it/~sorrenti/SeminarioED.html

Viale della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594663