[CvGmt News] Seminario G. Pinzari (25/10/2016)

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it
Tue Oct 18 20:43:01 CEST 2016

SEMINARIO DI EQUAZIONI DIFFERENZIALI
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata"

Martedi' 25 Ottobre 2016, ore 16:00 Aula dal Passo

(PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE UNUSUAL TIME)

Gabriella Pinzari (Universita' di Napoli "Federico II")

Title: A first integral to the partially averaged Newtonian potential in
the three-body problem

Abstract. We consider the partial average, i.e., the Lagrange average with
respect to {\it just one} of the two mean anomalies, of the  Newtonian
part of the perturbing function in the three--body problem Hamiltonian. We
prove that such a partial average exhibits a   non--trivial first
integral. We next show how this integral is responsible of three known
occurrences in the averaged Newtonian potential: Harrington property,
Herman resonance and certain strange symmetries in  the planetary torsion.

Viale della Ricerca Scientifica 1
00133 Rome (Italy)

Phone: +39 06 72594663
Fax:      +39 06 72594699