[CvGmt News] Winter School on Conservative Dynamics (5-12 Feb. 2017, Engelberg, Switzerland)

Alfonso Sorrentino alfonso.sorrentino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:54:35 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

we are sending you the announcement and the poster (pdf) of a winter school
on "Conservative Dynamics" that we are organizing in Engelberg
(Switzerland) on 6-11 February 2017.

We would kindly ask you to bring this message to the attention of
interested people (students, post-docs, etc.)

We should be able to cover the local expenses (lodging and meals) to many
applicants (priority, of course, will be given to students and postdocs). The
deadline for applying to the financial support is 15th November 2016.

If you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Marcel Guardia
Vadim Kaloshin
Alfonso Sorrentino

ANNOUNCEMENT

ETH-ITS Winter School on
"CONSERVATIVE DYNAMICS"

Engelberg, Switzerland, 5-11 February 2017.

Courses:

- Bassam Fayad (Institut de Mathématiques de Jussieu & CNRS, Paris)
"Quasi-periodic Birkhoff sums in smooth ergodic theory"

- Marcel Guardia (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona)
"Oscillatory motions in the three body problem"

- Vadim Kaloshin (University of Maryland and ETH-ITS Zürich)
"Stochastic Arnol’d diffusion"

- Alfonso Sorrentino (Università di Roma “Tor Vergata”)
"Birkhoff Billiards"

FINANCIAL SUPPORT: We invite interested participants to apply for financial
support (which includes lodging and meals). Please, send an email to
winterschool at eth-its.ethz.ch  before 15th November 2016, including your CV
and a one-page description of your research.
Priority will be given to students and post-docs.
Results will be announced by the end of November .

REGISTRATION FEE: 150 CHF (to be paid by 10th December 2016 by all
participants). Please follow the instruction on this website:
http://www.eth-its.ethz.ch/its-winter-school-2017.html

For further information, please visit the web page:
https://people.math.ethz.ch/~felder/eth-its/dynsys2017/

ORGANIZERS: M. Guardia, V. Kaloshin and A. Sorrentino.

marcel.guardia at upc.edu
vadim.kaloshin at gmail.com
sorrentino at mat.uniroma2.it