[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di Matematica dr. Julian Demeio (29.11.16)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Fri Nov 25 09:49:07 CET 2016

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Martedì 29 novembre 2016

ore 17:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Sala degli Stemmi

*Julian Demeio*
*(SNS)*

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“**Non rational varieties with the Hilbert Property**”*

*Abstract:*

*I will speak about the Hilbert Property for algebraic varieties, giving
sufficient conditions for a quotient X/G, with finite G, to have the
Hilbert Property when X does. I will use this result to give examples of
non rational varieties with the Hilbert Property, following work of P.
Corvaja and U. Zannier, and to discuss connections between the Hilbert
Property and the Inverse Galois Problem.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260