[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di Matematica, dr. Jean-Baptiste Casteras (1.06.2016)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue May 24 10:28:16 CEST 2016

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Mercoledì 1 giugno 2016

ore 15:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Mancini

*Jean-Baptiste Casteras*

(*Universite Libre de Bruxelles)*

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“**Standing wave solutions for a nonlinear Schrödinger equation with mixed
dispersion**”*

*Abstract:*

In this talk, we will be interested in standing wave solutions to a fourth
order nonlinear Schrödinger equation having second and fourth order
dispersion terms. This kind of equation naturally appears in nonlinear
optics. In a first time, we will establish the existence of ground-state
solutions. We can obtain them with two different ways : either by imposing
a L^2 mass constraint or via a L^p constraint. We will then be interested
in their qualitative properties : positivity, symmetry, exponential decay,
uniqueness and orbital stability. We will conclude with some open
questions. Joint work with Denis Bonheure, Ederson Moreira Dos Santos and
Robson Nascimento.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260