[CvGmt News] [Fwd: Hadamard Master Scholarships (and Optimization master program)]

buttazzo at dm.unipi.it buttazzo at dm.unipi.it
Mon Jan 4 13:06:18 CET 2016

-------------------------- Messaggio originale ---------------------------
Oggetto: Hadamard Master Scholarships (and Optimization master program)
Da:      "Filippo Santambrogio" <santambroeus at gmail.com>
Data:    Lun, 4 Gennaio 2016 12:06
A:       undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear colleagues and friends,

first of all, let me wish you a wonderful year 2016 from its very beginning.

Then, I need to bother you during your vacations in order to advertise an
interesting opportunity for your students, i.e. the possibility to apply
for master scholarships for the Master programs of Paris-Saclay (i.e. the
federation of all the universities and engineering schools of southern
Paris), offered by the Fondation Mathématique Jacques Hadamard
http://www.fondation-hadamard.fr/en/master/presentation-master

This year the first call for applications closes on January 15th. There
will be a second one closing in May, but, for reasons related to visa
deadlines, only European students or overseas students already in
possession of valid immigration documents (for instance, already studying
in France) will be able to apply to the second call.
For more information
http://www.fondation-hadamard.fr/en/master-scholarship/appels-candidature-pour-une-bourse-de-master
(it seems that the link for M2 applications is temporarily unavailable, but
it will be fixed soon).

Our master offer goes from pure to applied mathematics and has been
considerably strengthened and widened with the creation of Paris Saclay and
I am confident that some of your students will find it interesting.

Let me spend some more words on the program I am personally in charge of,
which is the master program in optimization
http://webens.math.u-psud.fr/-optimization-
This program, 100% taught in english, is concerned with optimization in its
widest sense, from the algorithms for convex problems to dynamical
programming, game theory, optimal control, and interaction with statistics
(learning, for instance) and PDEs (calculus of variations...). We also
propose an introduction to Operation Research and the possibility of
attending courses from the specific OR master program (but our program
could also be a good choice for students coming from an OR background who
want to enlarge their cursus to continuous optimization). For this Master
program, there is also a specific call for scholarship applications
http://95.142.164.215/fr/pgmo_master_scholarships
(and the link works!)

For those of you who share similar research interests to mine and who are
in contact with students interested in calculus of variations from a PDE
point of view, there is the possibility of choosing the course on Elliptic
PDEs from the PDE master program
<http://webens.math.u-psud.fr/-analyse-modelisation-simulation->, thus
composing a interesting cursus with Elliptic PDEs, Calculus of Variations,
Optimal control and maybe some Game Theory and Continuous Optimization in
the first term (the second terms also features specialized courses on
Optimal Transport, Optimal Control of PDEs, Geometric Control...).

The program that you find in the webpage
<http://webens.math.u-psud.fr/-optimization-> is the program for 2015/16,
but it will be essentially the same next year.

Yours,
Filippo