[CvGmt News] seminario Frankowska 1/12

Daniele Castorina castorin at math.unipd.it
Thu Nov 26 10:36:05 CET 2015

Cari colleghi,

vi segnalo il prossimo seminario di ED a Roma Tor Vergata:

*Martedi I Dicembre 2015 h.15:00 Aula dal Passo

Helene Frankowska (CNRS Jussieu, UPMC, Paris)

On Second Order Necessary Conditions in Optimal Control

*

*This talk is devoted to second order necessary optimality*

**

*conditions in optimal control. We first discuss the appropriate*

**

*notions of second order tangents and normals and use them to state *

**

* necessary optimaly conditions for a general minimization problem
subject to closed constraints. *

**

*
*

**

*We derive next  second order conditions in the form of integral
inequalities for the Mayer optimal control problem. This, in*

**

*turn, leads to several pointwise conditions. In particular, with every
optimal control it is possible to associate a matrix *

*solution of an adjoint matrix differential equation that satisfies a
second-order transversality condition and a *

*second-order maximality condition. Furthermore, a pointwise Jacobson
like necessary optimality condition for general control *

*systems and ``partially singular" optimal controls follows from the
derived integral inequalities. *

--
Daniele Castorina
Stanza 539 – Torre Archimede