[CvGmt News] Winterschool, juniorprofessorship and Giovanni Prodi visiting professorship at U Würzburg

Anja Schlömerkemper anja.schloemerkemper at mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Nov 6 09:00:14 CET 2015

Dear all,

Please make sure that you or your students/postdocs do not miss the
*deadline on 15 November 2015* for

1) the *Winterschool* on "Calculus of Variations in Physics and
Materials Science", which will take place 14-19 February 2016 at the
University of Würzburg. The speakers are

Sergio Conti (University of Bonn, Germany)
Variational Modeling of Crystal Plasticity and Dislocations

Irene Fonseca (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
Epitaxy, Quantum Dots and Dislocations: Dynamics of Material Defects

Claude Le Bris (Ecole des Ponts and INRIA, France)
Nonperiodic Problems in Multiscale Materials Science: Toward a Theory of
Defects and Efficient Stochastic Approaches

There will also be poster sessions.

Limited financial support is available. Our financial funds heavily
depend on the number of registered participants, which is why we kindly
ask all applicants to meet the deadline.

For details please visit
http://www.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de/winterschool2016/

2) a *Juniorprofessorship* (W1 with Tenure track option) in "Theory or
Numerics of Partial Differential Equations"

http://www.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de/pdf/W1JuniorMathematik_e_1510.pdf

Moreover I would like to point out that there is a new opening of the
*Giovanni Prodi visiting professorship* at the University of Würzburg.
The deadline for application is on 6 January 2016. These are
professorships for one term each in the academic year 2016/17. Prodi
professors are expected to interact both with faculty and students (also
by some moderate teaching load) leading to international contacts.
Applications from all fields of mathematics are welcome with the
applicant at the level of an associate or full professor. Only persons
coming from outside Germany are eligible. Please do not hesitate to
contact me if you are interested.

http://www.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de/Prodi/bewerbunge.html

Kind regards,

Anja Schlömerkemper