[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di matematica prof. Luca Martinazzi (14.07.2015)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Tue Jul 7 10:14:06 CEST 2015

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Martedì 14 luglio 2015

ore 16:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Bianchi Scienze

*Luca Martinazzi*

*University of Basel*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“The fractional Liouville equation in *

*dimension 1 - Compactness and*

*quantization”*

*Abstract:*

*In this talk I will introduce the fractional Liouville equation on
the circle S1 and its geometric interpretation in terms of conformal
immersions of the unit disk into the complex plane. Using this
interpretation we can show that the solution of the fractional
Liouville equation have very precise compactness properties (including
quantization) with a clear geometric counterpart. I will also compare
these result with analogue ones for the classical Liouville equation
in dimension 2, used to prescribe the Gaussian curvature.*

*This is a joint work with Tristan Riviere and Francesca Da Lio.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260