[CvGmt News] [CVGMT] weekly bulletin

web at cvgmt.sns.it web at cvgmt.sns.it
Fri Nov 28 12:00:02 CET 2014

Weekly bulletin of http://cvgmt.sns.it

--- Summary ---
* Seminars by: Ambrosio
* Modified papers by: Nayam, Santambrogio, De Luca, Bellettini, Focardi, Spadaro, Novaga, Gelli
--- Seminars next week ---
* Wednesday 3 dec 2014

time: 17:30
Sala Seminari (Dipartimento di Matematica)
Characterizations of sets of finite perimeter: old and recent results
Luigi Ambrosio (SNS Pisa)
Abstract. In my lecture I will illustrate a recent work (in collaboration with J.Bourgain, H.Brezis, A.Figalli) on the characterization of the perimeter and of sets of finite perimeter in terms of a $BMO$-like seminorm, solving positively a question raised in a earlier and recent work of H.Brezis, J.Bourgain and P.Mironescu. I will more generally compare this with other distributional and non-distributional criteria for the finiteness of perimeter.