[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di Matematica dr. Solomon Vishkautsan (27.11.2014)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Fri Nov 21 14:01:34 CET 2014

SEMINARIO DI MATEMATICA

Giovedì 27 novembre 2014

ore 16:00

*Scuola Normale Superiore*

Pisa

Aula Mancini

*Solomon Vi**shkautsan*

*SNS*

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*“**Residual periodicity in arithmetic dynamics**”*

*Abstract:*

*In this talk we present a local-global property in arithmetic dynamics
calledstrong residual periodicity, as defined by Bandman, Grunewald and
Kunyavskii in 2010. We start with a dynamical system induced by an
endomorphism of a quasiprojective variety defined over a number field. This
system can be reduced mod p for "almost all" primes in the ring of integers
of the number field. We can then ask how the dynamics of the global system
relate to the dynamics of the system reduced mod p for almost all primes p.
Strong residual periodicity occurs when points of small period exist modulo
almost every prime, but "cannot be explained" by the dynamics of the global
system. The aim of this talk is to present many motivating examples and
raise some interesting questions to encourage further research on this
topic.*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze Matematiche e Naturali

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio alla Didattica e Allievi
tel. 050 509260