[CvGmt News] seminario di "Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica"

Agnese Di Castro dicastro at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue May 6 10:04:45 CEST 2014

Cari colleghi,

vi comunichiamo che domani, mercoledi'  7 maggio alle ore 17.00 nell'aula riunioni, presso il Dipartimento di Matematica (Univerista' di Pisa), Lorenzo Mazzieri (SNS) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"A geometric approach to some overdetermined problems in potential theory"

Abstract: We present a new method to establish the rotational symmetry of solutions to overdetermined elliptic boundary value problems. We illustrate this approach through a couple of classical examples arising in potential theory, in both the exterior and the interior punctured domain. We discuss how some of the known results can be recovered and we introduce some new geometric overdetermining conditions, involving the mean curvature of the boundary and the Neumann data.

Saluti

Agnese & Bozhidar