[CvGmt News] seminario di "Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica" (eccezionalmente giovedi')

Agnese Di Castro dicastro at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Mar 18 15:01:25 CET 2014

Cari colleghi,

vi comunichiamo che ECCEZIONALMENTE PER QUESTA SETTIMANA, giovedi'  20 marzo alle ore 16.00 nell'aula riunioni, presso il Dipartimento di Matematica (Univerista' di Pisa), il Prof. Diego Pallara (Universita' di Lecce) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"Functions of bounded variation and the short-time behaviour of the heat semigroup"

Abstract: The total variation of a function and some other notions in geometric measure theory are connected to the short-time behaviour of the heat semigroup in various frameworks. After giving a brief general description of these relations, some details are given in the cases of Riemannian manifolds and Carnot groups.

e alle ore 17.00, il Prof. Yannick Sire (LATP, Universite' Aix-Marseille III) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"The fractional Yamabe problem"

Abstract:
In this talk, I will report on recent progress on a fractional version of the Yamabe problem: we want to prescribe a notion of fractional curvature on compact manifolds. As in the standard Yamabe problem (now solved), this boils down to solve a critical equation. I will describe also open problems.

Saluti

Agnese & Bozhidar