[CvGmt News] Colloquium di Matematica (26 marzo 2014) - Prof. Andrea Malchiodi

Alfonso Sorrentino sorrentino at mat.uniroma3.it
Mon Mar 10 09:03:50 CET 2014

COLLOQUIUM DI MATEMATICA

Titolo: Nonlinear PDEs in conformal geometry

Relatore: Prof. Andrea Malchiodi
(SISSA, Trieste)

Mercoledi' 26 Marzo 2014 ORE 16:00

Aula F, Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica, Universita' di Roma Tre,
L.go San Leonardo Murialdo 1

Abstract.
A classical problem in geometry is the so-called "Uniformization Problem":
deform the metric on a given surface in order to obtain a "best possible
"metric", i.e. with constant Gaussian curvature. We will explore other
curvature quantities in geometry: their origin, their role, as well as the
problem of "uniformizing them". We will see how nonlinear PDEs (especially
of high order) play a crucial role in this subject.

Riferimento: Alfonso Sorrentino

Nota: il prossimo colloquium sara' mercoledi' 16 aprile ore 16 (Prof. Vadim
Kaloshin, Univ. of Maryland).

--
Dipartimento di Matematica e Fisica
Sezione di Matematica