[CvGmt News] seminario di "Equazioni Differenziali alle Derivate Parziali" + Seminario di "Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica"

Agnese Di Castro dicastro at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Feb 25 16:53:18 CET 2014

Cari colleghi,
vi comunichiamo che domani, mercoledi'  26 febbraio alle ore 16.00 nell'aula riunioni, presso il Dipartimento di Matematica (Universita'
di Pisa), il Prof. Tohru Ozawa (Waseda University) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"Refinements of Holder's inequality"

e alle ore 17.00 il Dott. Matthias Erbar (University of Bonn) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"Bochner's inequality and the entropic curvature-dimension condition on metric measure spaces"

Abstract: Bochner's inequality is one of the most fundamental estimates in geometric analysis on Riemannian manifolds.
The main result I present in this talk is a Bochner inequality on metric measure spaces with linear heat flow and satisfying the (reduced)
curvature-dimension condition. Indeed, also the converse is true: if the heat flow on a metric measure space is linear then an appropriate version
of the Bochner inequality (for the canonical gradient and Laplacian) will imply the reduced curvature-dimension condition. Besides that, I will
present also new, sharp Wasserstein-contraction results for the heat flow as well as Bakry-Ledoux type gradient estimates each of which is
equivalent to the curvature-dimension condition.

Saluti

Agnese & Bozhidar