[CvGmt News] seminario di "Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica"

Agnese Di Castro dicastro at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Apr 29 13:51:24 CEST 2014

Cari colleghi,

vi comunichiamo che domani, mercoledi'  30 aprile alle ore 17.00 nell'aula riunioni, presso il Dipartimento di Matematica (Univerista' di Pisa), il Prof. Edouard Oudet (Université de Grenoble) presentera' un seminario dal titolo:

"Convexity constraints and  Jordan - Kinderlehrer - Otto  gradient flow"

Abstract: We discuss new convergent schemes well suited for the numerical resolution of problems of calculus of variations under convexity constraints. We illustrate the versatility and the efficiency of our approach on three types of problems : 3D denoising, the principal agent problem, and optimization within the class of convex  bodies. Then, we discuss recent progresses on the simulation of Jordan-Kinderlehrer-Otto flow to approximate elliptic, non necessary local, partial differential equations.

Saluti

Agnese & Bozhidar