[CvGmt News] ERC Summer School on Geometric Evolution Problems

Carlo Mantegazza c.mantegazza at sns.it
Sun Apr 27 12:37:06 CEST 2014

Dear Friends,

in the activities of the "ERC Research Period on Calculus of Variations
and Analysis in Metric Measure Spaces" at the Scuola Normale Superiore
and Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi in Pisa, we organize a

 	Summer School on Geometric Evolution Problems

from June 23 to June 28, 2014.

The courses will be given by:

G. Besson: 	On open 3-manifolds
P. Michor: 	Geodesic evolution equations on shape spaces and diffeomorphism
 		groups
R. Haslhofer: 	Mean curvature flow of mean convex hypersurfaces
F. Schulze: 	Networks of curves evolving by curvature in the plane
T. Colding(*): 	Generic mean curvature flow

(*) to be confirmed

Organizers: Luigi Ambrosio, Carlo Mantegazza, Andrea Mennucci.

The abstracts of the courses and other informations are now available on
the web page at http://cvgmt.sns.it/event/272

IMPORTANT: Even if the registration/application for funding for the
local expenses (not for travel) of young participants is closed, some
extra funding is available for young participants.
If you know of young students interested in participating, please suggest
them to write to me personally, as soon as possible, at my email address
c.mantegazza at sns.it

The poster of the full ERC Research Period is attached.
Registration to the events of the bimester:
http://cvgmt.sns.it/Pisa-bimester-2014

Thanks,
Best Regards
Carlo Mantegazza