[CvGmt News] Job Position

Gietz, Carolin carolin.gietz at uni-muenster.de
Tue Nov 26 08:56:16 CET 2013

Dear Sirs or Madam,

please offer following open position on your web page.

Thanks in advance

Carolin Gietz

Carolin Gietz
Sekretariat
Prof. Dr. Angela Stevens
Prof. Dr. Mario Ohlberger
Angewandte Mathematik Münster
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Einsteinstraße 62
Raum 120.001
48149 Münster
http://www.math.uni-muenster.de/

phone:  00 49 (0)2 51 83-3 50 52
fax:    00 49 (0)2 51 83-3 27 29

PhD in Applied Mathematics

A PhD position (50% TV-L13) is available from January 2013 (or earlier) at the Institute for
Computational and Applied Mathematics of the University of Münster (Germany).
The research will be at the interface between analysis and scientific computing; topics
include optimization, calculus of variations, numerical analysis, image processing,
biological applications.

A Diploma or Master degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or related fields is
required. The successful applicant will have a solid background in one of the above topics.
For inquiries and applications please contact:

Prof. Dr. Benedikt Wirth
Institut für Numerische und Angewandte Mathematik
Westfälische Wilhelms Universität Münster
Einsteinstraße 62, 48149 Münster (Germany)
Benedikt.Wirth at uni-muenster.de<mailto:Benedikt.Wirth at uni-muenster.de>
carolin.gietz at uni-muenster.de<mailto:carolin.gietz at uni-muenster.de>

In the application please include: CV, copy of relevant certificates (diploma or master
degree), copy of the masters thesis or equivalent, names and contact information of at
least one referee, and a brief statement of research interests. The application should be
sent electronically as a single pdf-file to the above e-mail address.

We actively encourage applications from suitably qualified women. Female candidates
with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially
considered. We also welcome applications from candidates with severe disabilities.
Disabled candidates with equivalent qualifications will be preferentially considered.
We will accept applications until the position is filled.