[CvGmt News] avviso seminario di finanza quantitativa prof. J.G.M. Gatheral (13.07.2012)

Valeria Giuliani valeria.giuliani at sns.it
Thu Jul 5 09:52:10 CEST 2012

Seminari di finanza quantitativa

    Venerdì 13 luglio 2012

ore 11.30

_Scuola Normale Superiore_

Pisa

(Aula Bianchi)

*__*

*/James G.M. Gatheral/*

/Baruch College, The City University of New York ///

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

*/"/**Optimal Order Execution **/"/*

*//*

*/Abstract:/*

/We review various models of market impact. We use variational calculus
to derive optimal execution strategies, noting that in many conventional
models, static strategies are dynamically optimal. We then present a
model in which the optimal strategy does depend on the stock price and
derive an explicit closed-form solution for this strategy by solving the
HJB equation. We discuss price manipulation, indicating modeling choices
for which this is unlikely to be a problem.  We present empirical
evidence and some heuristic arguments justifying  the well-known
square-root formula for market impact.  Assuming price dynamics that are
consistent with the square-root formula, we suggest likely properties of
optimal execution strategies./*//*

*//*

//

*//*

*//*

*//*

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.

Classe di Scienze

--
Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore