[CvGmt News] [CvGmt seminar] announcement

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri Feb 24 15:36:50 CET 2012

On the Convergence of the Cahn-Hilliard equation

http://cvgmt.sns.it/seminar/288/

Date: Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012

Time: 17:00

Place: Sala Seminari, Department of Mathematics, Pisa University

Speaker: Matteo Novaga (Padua University)

Abstract. We consider the Cahn-Hilliard equation in one space dimension and we show the convergence to a Stefan problem, as the scaling parameter tends to zero. The proof is based on variational methods and exploits the gradient flow structure of the Cahn-Hilliard equation.