[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] seminari di probanilità 27-9-2011

Liviana Paoletti paoletti at dm.unipi.it
Mon Sep 26 09:12:40 CEST 2011

MARTEDI' 27 SETTEMBRE 2011

SEMINARI DI PROBABILITA'
10:30-11:15, Aula seminari del Dipartimento di Matematica Applicata "U. Dini"
Large deviation principle of the empirical current for Markov processes
Lorenzo Bertini (Roma La Sapienza)

Abstract:
We consider a continuous time Markov chain on a countable state space
and extend the classical Donsker-Varadhan large deviation principle for
the empirical measure by considering also the empirical flow. We then
discuss the application to the Gallavotti-Cohen functional, whose
associated large deviation principle can be obtained by projection. We
finally illustrate briefly the analogous results for diffusion
processes on R^n.

MARTEDI' 27 SETTEMBRE 2011

SEMINARI DI PROBABILITA'
11:15-12:15, Aula seminari del Dipartimento di Matematica Applicata "U. Dini"
Macroscopic fluctuation theory for aerogels dynamics
Mauro Mariani (Aix-Marseille III)

Abstract:
Macroscopic fluctuation theory provides a main tool to study
non-equilibrium Statistical Mechanics. In this talk, a class of models
is introduced, for which it can be proved that the quasi-potential of
the current fluctuations is non-analytical.

  Liviana Paoletti
  Segreteria Scientifica

Dipartimento di Matematica
"L. Tonelli" Universita' di Pisa