[CvGmt News] CVAG seminars

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri Nov 11 15:06:27 CET 2011

Tug of War game, non variational p-Laplacian and Aleksandrov Bakelman
Pucci estimates for the infinity Laplacian

Guido De Philippis

16 nov 2011 -- 17:00

Sala Seminari, Department of Mathematics, Pisa University

Abstract. I will show uniform bounds and estimates of the modulus of
continuity of solutions to the Poisson problem for the non variational
infinity and p-Laplacian. As a consequence I will prove the convergence of
the value functions to the Tug of War with noise to the value function of
the classical Tug of War as the noise goes to zero. Finally I will discuss
the failure of the classical Alexandrov-Bakelman-Pucci estimate for the
normalized infinity Laplacian and propose alternate estimates. (Joint work
with F. Charro, A. Di Castro, D. Maximo.)