[CvGmt News] Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri May 13 09:14:48 CEST 2011

A compactness theorem for complete Ricci shrinkers
Speaker: Reto Müller (Scuola Normale Superiore)
Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

   Dipartimento di Matematica - Sala Seminari - ore 17:00

   ABSTRACT: We prove precompactness in an orbifold Cheeger-Gromov sense
   of complete gradient Ricci shrinkers with a lower bound on their
   entropy and a local integral Riemann bound. In particular, we do not
   need any pointwise curvature assumptions, volume or diameter bounds. In
   dimension four, under a technical assumption, we can replace the local
   integral Riemann bound by an upper bound for the Euler characteristic.
   The proof relies on a Gauss- Bonnet with cutoff argument. The results
   are joint work with Robert Haslhofer.

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20110518/