[CvGmt News] Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri May 6 13:21:44 CEST 2011

On the Steiner Problem
Speaker: Emanuele Paolini (Universita` di Firenze)
Seminari di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

   Dipartimento di Matematica - Sala Seminari - ore 17:00

   ABSTRACT: The Steiner problem is the problem of finding a minimal
   connected graph containing a given set of points. We will discuss the
   classical problem i.e. the case when the set of points is a finite
   subset of the plane. Then we will consider the generalized problem
   where we look for a connected set of minimal length containing any
   given compact set. The original results have been obtained in a joint
   work with Eugene Stepanov.

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20110511/