[CvGmt News] cvgmt

Mark Peletier map34 at bath.ac.uk
Tue Feb 8 20:18:11 CET 2011

Annoucement: 4-year PhD places and postdoc positions in Eindhoven

Dear friends and colleagues,

Thanks to a grant from the Dutch government I'm looking for a number of PhD students and postdocs. The project brings together gradient flows and their theory on one hand with the intrinsic problems of scale bridging and multiscale modelling on the other. There is room for a variety of backgrounds, including nonlinear PDE theory, calculus of variations, optimal transport, and even probability theory (especially interacting particle systems). This project is situated in a very active research group in Eindhoven, combining theoretical research in mathematics with a keen eye on applications in physics, chemistry, engineering, and the social sciences.

It would be very nice if you could alert any young people in your neighbourhood to this opportunity. Anyone can contact me for more information.

Yours,

Mark Peletier
m.a.peletier at tue.nl