[CvGmt News] avviso Colloquio della Classe di Scienze Prof. Giacomo Rizzolatti (09.02.2011)

Valeria Giuliani giuliani at sns.it
Wed Feb 2 12:32:16 CET 2011

Colloqui Classe di Scienze

Mercoledì 09 febbraio 2011
ore 15.00

Scuola Normale Superiore

Pisa

(Sala Stemmi)

Giacomo Rizzolatti

Università di Parma

Terrà un seminario dal titolo:

"Understanding actions, intentions, and emotions of others"

Abstract:

Mirror neurons are a set of neurons that discharge both when the monkey executes a specific motor act and when it observes another individual doing a similar act. In the first part of my talk, I will review the basic functional properties of monkey frontal mirror neurons. I will describe first their motor properties showing that they code the goal of a motor act. I will review then their visual properties and present evidence that mirror neurons represent a mechanism that allows a direct understanding of what the agent is doing. Mirror mechanism also exists in humans. I will present the data proving it will show evidence that, although there are other mechanisms through which one can understand the behavior of others, the mirror mechanism is the only one that allows understanding others "from the inside" providing the observer with a "first-person" person grasp of others' motor goals, intentions and emotions. I will conclude discussing the relationship between autism deficits and damage to the mirror mechanism. I will show that while children with autism understand the what of an observed motor act, they fail to recognize the why behind it. Because of these impairments, children with autism lack experiential understanding of others and rely on external factors in their behavior.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare

Classe di Scienze

Valeria Giuliani
Scuola Normale Superiore
Servizio Supporto Attività Didattiche - Scienze
Tel. 050-509260
Fax. 050-509045
Piazza dei Cavalieri, 7
56126 Pisa
E-Mail: v.giuliani at sns.it
E-Mail: segreteria.scienze at sns.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei relativi allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate esclusivamente al destinatario in indirizzo.
E' vietata, pertanto, la diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura di tali informazioni da parte di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario.
Chiunque abbia ricevuto o letto questa e-mail per errore o senza esserne legittimato è invitato a darne immediatamente notizia  al mittente tramite fax o e-mail e a distruggerla.
Grazie.