[CvGmt News] Seminario di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

magnani at dm.unipi.it magnani at dm.unipi.it
Fri Apr 29 12:44:00 CEST 2011

About existence of surfaces with prescribed mean curvature
Speaker: Michael Goldman (Ecole Polytechnique, CMAP)
Seminario di Calcolo delle Variazioni e Analisi Geometrica

   Dipartimento di Matematica - Sala Seminari - ore 17:00

   ABSTRACT: In this talk I will present some results about existence of
   surfaces with prescribed mean curvature. These surfaces are natural
   generalizations of minimal and constant mean curvature surfaces. I will
   mainly focus on compact solutions in the periodic setting. This is a
   joint work with M. Novaga.

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20110504/