[CvGmt News] GFO-Pisa - Lectures of Prof. Mauro Carfora

Carlo Mantegazza c.mantegazza at sns.it
Sun May 17 19:24:41 CEST 2009

On monday 18 May 2009, at 10.00 in Aula Dini of the Scuola Normale
Superiore, Palazzo del Castelletto, in connection with the research
trimester "Geometric Flows and Geometric Operators" at the Centro De
Giorgi in Pisa, Prof. Mauro Carfora of Dept. of Fisica Nucleare e
Teorica - University of Pavia, will begin his two-weeks series of
lectures on "Ricci Flow in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics".

Abstract: Ricci flow plays a natural role in many distinct physical
theories. In this series of lectures we review a few case studies which
characterize in important interaction between mathematics and physics.
In particular, we shall discuss the relation between Ricci flow and
non-linear sigma model theory, the applications of Ricci flow to general
relativity, and finally some aspects of the role of Ricci flow in the
theory of diffusion processes on Riemannian manifolds.