[CvGmt News] GFO-Pisa Seminars - Friday 12 June 2009

Carlo Mantegazza c.mantegazza at sns.it
Thu Jun 11 17:45:05 CEST 2009

Talk of Luciano Mari, Wednesday 10/6/2009 at 10.15 in
Aula Bianchi, Palazzo Carovana, Scuola Normale Superiore

12 June 2009 - Luciano Mari
Dipartimento di Matematica, Universita' di Milano

Growth of spectral radius and index estimates for Schrodinger operators on
complete Riemannian manifolds

I would like to discuss a recent paper written in collaboration with B.
Bianchini and M. Rigoli, in which we derive sharp estimates both for the
growth of the bottom of the spectrum of the Laplacian, and for the index
growth of (stationary) Schrodinger operators. Both these results are
achieved through a new technique which allows a careful control of the
oscillation of an ordinary differential equations naturally appearing when
using radicalization techniques.
Time permitting, I would like to discuss some applications of pure
geometric flavour.