[CvGmt News] Summer School in Capri

Alberto Abbondandolo abbondandolo at dm.unipi.it
Thu Apr 17 18:09:17 CEST 2008

Summer School in Capri:

"Hamiltonian PDEs and Variational Methods"

to be held in the  island of Capri,  Villa Orlandi, 8-12 September 2008.

We shall have 3 main courses of 5 lectures each delivered by

- W. Craig, "Small divisor problems in PDEs"

- M. Struwe, "Equivariant Wave Maps"

- J. Toland, "Global Bifurcation and Water Waves theory"

The school is thought as an Introduction to the fascinating field of
Hamiltonian Partial Differential Equations, whose knowledge requires tools of
both local and global Bifurcation Theory, Variational Methods, Dynamical
Systems.  We plan also some Seminars on current research topics by
International experts.

The School is supported by project "Mecenass" (University Federico II and
Fondazione San Paolo) and ERC-European Research Council, Starting Grants,
"Hamiltonian PDEs: new connections between dynamical systems and PDEs with
small divisor phenomena".

We will be able to pay for the living expenses of at least fifteen students
(Phd or Post doc). To apply for financial support please send an e-mail with a
short curriculum (one page) to Michela Procesi, michela.procesi at dma.unina.it.
The dead-line for requesting financial support is May 31.

The deadline for registration  is June 15. Please note that, due to logistic
reasons, we will not be able to accept more then 40 participants.

See the web site http://www.dma.unina.it/michela.procesi/capri.html

Massimiliano Berti,  Vittorio Coti Zelati, Michela Procesi