[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] avviso di seminario

Giulia Curciarello curciare at dm.unipi.it
Wed May 18 10:02:00 CEST 2005

venerdi' 20-05-2005 (16:30) - Sala Riunioni
Alexander Berenstein (Universit of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) :
Representations of Groups as generic automorphisms of Hilbert spaces.

Argomento: Logica Matematica

Abstract:
We will prove that the class of generic structures
among those consisting of a Hilbert space with a
discrete group of automorphisms is axiomatizable
by sentences in the setting of continuous model
theory. When the group involved is amenable we
characterize the generic structures using a theorem
of Hulanicki about regular representations. We also
discuss a model-theoretic characterization of discrete
Kazhdan groups using the omitting type theorem.

Giulia Curciarello
Segreteria Didattica
tel: 050-2213219
e-mail curciare at dm.unipi.it