[CvGmt News] seminario Francis Clarke

buttazzo at dm.unipi.it buttazzo at dm.unipi.it
Wed May 4 09:46:26 CEST 2005

Mercoledi 25 Maggio - ore 17.30
Dipartimento di Matematica - Sala delle Riunioni

Francis Clarke (Institut Universitaire de France et Université de Lyon 1)

"On the regularity of solutions in the calculus of variations"

Abstract: We review briefly the two main approaches to regularity in the
multiple integral calculus of variations, that of De Giorgi, and
Hilbert-Haar theory. Then we present some new results of Hilbert-Haar type
in which the boundary regularity hypotheses are greatly reduced. We also
discuss some recent developments in the one-dimensional setting.