[CvGmt News] Prairie Analysis Seminar 2005 - First Announcement

Marianne Korten marianne at math.ksu.edu
Tue Mar 1 22:39:21 CET 2005

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Attached please find an announcement for the fifth annual Prairie
Analysis Seminar to be held at Kansas State University in Manhattan,
Kansas, October 14-15 2005. Please forward this message to any interested
faculty, doctoral student or recent graduate.

This year, Prof. Carlos Kenig from the University of Chicago will be our
main lecturer, with additional invited lectures given by Profs. James
Colliander from the University of Toronto and Alexandru Ionescu from the
University of Wisconsin.  We have allocated time for contributed talks.

Please get in touch with one of the organizers if you want to participate.

For more information go to http://www.math.ksu.edu/pas/2005/prairie05-index.html

 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

                  The Prairie Analysis Seminar 2005
October 14-15, 2005

Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, USA

Main Speaker: Prof. Carlos Kenig, University of Chicago (two one hour talks)

Invited Speakers: Prof. James Colliander, University of Toronto,
and Prof. Alexandru Ionescu, University of Wisconsin.

This seminar is the fifth in a sequence of yearly analysis meetings
organized each Fall by the analysis faculty at Kansas State University and
the University of Kansas. The goal is to provide an opportunity for
scientific exchange and cooperation among analysts (broadly defined).

There is time allocated for shorter contributed talks. If you would like
to attend and /or give a talk, please submit the registration form below
by September 20, 2005. This meeting is partially funded by MSRI. We are
applying for further support from NSF. We may be able to provide
inexpensive housing for some participants.  Graduate students and faculty
early in their careers are especially encouraged to participate and apply
for funding.

Organizers: Marianne Korten (marianne at math.ksu.edu), Estela Gavosto
(gavosto at math.ku.edu), Charles Moore (cnmoore at math.ksu.edu),
Rodolfo Torres (torres at math.ku.edu).