[CvGmt News] [Notiziario] [Settimanale] avvisi di seminari

Giulia Curciarello curciare at dm.unipi.it
Fri Jul 1 13:40:11 CEST 2005

venerdi' 01-07-2005 (15:00) - Aula Magna- Dip. di Matematica
Maria Dedo, Simonetta Di Sieno e Domenico Luminati :
Divulgazione come ponte tra ricerca e ....

Argomento: Dottorato

Il corso
tenuto dai prof Maria Dedo, Simonetta Di Sieno e Domenico Luminati

*******
mercoledi' 06-07-2005 (15:00) - Sala Seminari
Gordana Matic (U. of Georgia, USA) :
Right-veering homeomorphisms of surfaces and tight contact structures

Argomento: Geometria

Abstract: We will describe the monoid of right-veering
diffeomorphisms on a compact oriented surface with nonempty
boundary. The monoid strictly contains the monoid of products
of positive Dehn twists. We will explore the relationship
to tight contact structures and open book decompositions.
(Joint work with KO Honda and Will Kazez.)

*******

martedi' 19-07-2005 (16:00) - Aula Faedo
Bernd Sturmfels (Universita' della California, Berkeley,) :
Algebraic Statistics for Computational Biology

*********

giovedi' 21-07-2005 (16:00) - Sala Seminari
Bernd Sturmfels (Universita' della California, Berkeley,) :
Tropical Geometry

Giulia Curciarello
Segreteria Didattica
tel: 050-2213219