[CvGmt News] Seminario di Enrico Valdinoci, 18 maggio

alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it
Fri Apr 29 13:33:00 CEST 2005

Geometric  features  of some models related with phase transitions and    fluid jets
   seminari di calcolo delle variazioni

   where: Dipartimento di Matematica, Sala delle Riunioni

   when: Wednesday, May 18, at 5.30 pm

   speaker: Enrico Valdinoci (Università di Roma II, Tor Vergata)

   title:   Geometric   features   of  some  models  related  with  phase
   transitions and fluid jets

   abstract: We deal with the functional
$$
\int |\nabla u|^p +W(u)
$$
   where  either $W(u)=(1-u^2)^p$ or $W(u)=\chi_{(-1,1)}(u)$. We consider
   some Harnack  inequalities  and  curvature  estimates for level sets and
   we derive some one-dimensional simmetry results.

Reference: http://www.dm.unipi.it/~alberti/files/altrepagine/SeminarioCVGMT/home.html#future

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20050518/