[CvGmt News] Seminari Calcolo delle Variazioni

alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it
Mon Nov 22 16:24:38 CET 2004

seminario di calcolo delle variazioni.

   when: Wednesday, November 24, at 5.30 pm

   where: Dipartimento di Matematica, sala delle riunioni

   who: Luigi De Pascale (Università di Pisa)

   title: Regularity of infty-harmonic functions in dimension two

   abstract:  This  talk consists of two part of about 45 minuts each. In
   the  first  one,  I  will recall the definition and main properties of
   infty-harmonic  functions.  Following  a  paper by Crandall, Evans and
   Gariepy,  I  will show that all blow-ups of such a function at a given
   point are affine (even though not necessarily the same). In the second
   part  of this talk I will show that in dimension two there is only one
   blow-up, which implies that every infty-harmonic function on the plane
   is  of  class C^1 (this result has been proved in a recent paper by O.
   Savin).

Reference: http://www.dm.unipi.it/~alberti/files/altrepagine/SeminarioCVGMT/home.html#future

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20041124a/