[CvGmt News] Seminari Calcolo delle Variazioni

alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it
Mon Nov 8 20:06:46 CET 2004

   The  next  talk  of  our  research  seminar will be given by Oleksandr
   Metelichenko (University College London)

   when:
   Mercoledì 10 novembre, ore 18.00 / Wednesday, November 10, at 6 pm

   where:
   Sala Riunioni, Dipartimento di Matematica

   title:
   The isodiametric problem in groups with dilations

   abstract:
   We   show  that  the  isodiametric  inequality  fails  for
   Carnot-Carathéodory  balls  in the Heisenberg group and give estimates
   for  the  ratio  of the volume of the ball and the maximal volume of a
   set  of  the  same diameter. We also give some examples of the similar
   nature in the additive group \Rn with non-isotropic dilations.

Reference: http://www.dm.unipi.it/~alberti/files/altrepagine/SeminarioCVGMT/

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20041110/