[CvGmt News] SUSSEX Lectureships in Mathematics (fwd)

Luigi Ambrosio luigi at ambrosio.sns.it
Tue Feb 24 08:56:50 CET 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:47:51 +0000 (GMT)
From: C.M. Elliott <C.M.Elliott at sussex.ac.uk>
To: schmidt at math.uni-bremen.de, luskin at math.umn.edu,
     rannache at hermes.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de, arnold at ima.umn.edu,
     dahmen at igpm.rwth-aachen.de, hou at acm.caltech.edu,
     doerfler at math.uni-karlsruhe.de, Paul.Houston at mcs.le.ac.uk,
     brezzi at dragon.ian.pv.cnr.it, Olivier.Pironneau at math.jussieu.fr,
     weinan at Princeton.ED, xu at math.psu.edu, apr at math.ethz.ch,
     rumpf at math.uni-duisburg.de, falcone at mat.uniroma1.it, sjo at math.ucla.edu,
     claes at math.chalmers.se, chipot at amath.unizh.ch, sm at mis.mpg.de,
     otto at iam.uni-bonn.de, luigi at ambrosio.sns.it, afriedman at mbi.osu.edu,
     erik.burman at epfl.ch
Cc: c.m.elliott at sussex.ac.uk
Subject: SUSSEX Lectureships in  Mathematics

Dear Colleague,
We are seeking to fill two lectureships in Mathematics.
A description is given below in the body of this email.
An advert is also attached as a pdf and ps file.
I would be grateful if you could bring this to the attention of
your colleagues and any possible candidates.

One of the positions is unusual in that we are willing to appoint in advance a
position that will come available in 2006 on the condition that the appointee
holds a research fellowship of some kind at Sussex. This might suit someone with
a Royal Society, EPSRC, Humboldt, Marie-Curie,DFG (etc) fellowship.

Sincerely
Charlie Elliott

The  Department of Mathematics at the University of Sussex invites applications
for two lectureships in Mathematics available from October 2004 or as soon as
possible thereafter
with  salary in the range: Lecturer A 22,191 to 25,451 or Lecturer B 26,270 to
33,679 GBP per annum (pay award pending). One position is to replace a
retirement in
2006 and is available to candidates holding a research fellowship.
Candidates should have a growing research reputation in an
area of mathematics related to one or more of the current research
activities of the Department. In particular the appointments will support the
the
focus of research on the two areas (a) Mathematical Modelling and Computational
Mathematics  and (b) Partial Differential Equations.
Further particulars and
application forms are downloadable from
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Units/staffing/personnl/vacs/arc/scitech.shtml.
For further information about the
department see http://www.sussex.ac.uk/maths/.
The closing date is Tuesday March 2 2004. Informal enquiries may be made
to Charlie Elliott (tel 01273
678111; email: c.m.elliott at sussex.ac.uk).
Application forms and further particulars are also available in hard copy  from
and
should be returned to, (along
with supporting material such as list of publications, cv, etc), to the
Human Resources
Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex,
Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH, email: joinus at sussex.ac.uk, telephone(01273)
678706, fax (01273) 877401.

Professor Charlie Elliott
Department of Mathematics                Tel: 44 (0)1273 678111
University of Sussex                Dept-Fax: 44 (0)1273 678097
Brighton                            Dept-Tel: 44 (0)1273 678105
BN1 9QH
ENGLAND

email :c.m.elliott at sussex.ac.uk
http://www.maths.sussex.ac.uk/GRC/Research/Faculty/CME.html