[CvGmt News] Recruiting of Italian Summer Analyst 2004 - Citigroup (fwd)

Luigi Ambrosio luigi at ambrosio.sns.it
Wed Feb 11 12:16:35 CET 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:10:06 +0100
From: Giancarlo Felici <Felici at sns.it>
To: studenti.ordinari at sns.it, perfezionandi at sns.it
Cc: docenti at sns.it
Subject: Recruiting of Italian Summer Analyst 2004 - Citigroup

Abbiamo avuto conoscenza soltanto negli ultimi giorni del bando che Vi
inviamo, destinato anche agli studenti dell'Uiversità di Pisa. Anche se
siamo agli sgoccioli, pensiamo che possa essere una informazione
interessante (è rivolta a tutti gli studenti di lettere e di scienze) e
pertanto la sottoponiamo alla vostra attenzione.

Per il caso che allievi della Scuola Normale fossero stati interessati
all'iniziativa, abbiamo comunque contattato la dottoressa Chiara Cargnel
con la quale abbiamo concordato la possibilità per i soli normalisti di
presentare domanda (direttamente, secondo le indicazioni che riportiamo nel
seguito e anche nell'allegato) fino a tutto lunedì 16 febbraio. Eventuali
domande dopo questo termine potranno essere ancora presentate, ma Citigroup
si riserva la facoltà di considerarle soltanto se compatibili con le date
dei colloqui che saranno attivati, ai fini della selezione, a Milano,
probabilmente attorno al 20 febbraio.

A seguito dei nostri colloqui è inoltre emerse la possibilità che Citigroup
consideri domande anche di perfezionandi o di ex-normalisti per altre
iniziative formative e/o di inserimento professionale differenti da quella
che ora viene proposta. Saremmo interessati pertanto a conoscere eventuali
disponibilità.

Per ogni eventuale ulteriore informazione potete contattarci.

Cordialmente

Giancarlo Felici

-------
Giancarlo Felici
Scuola Normale Superiore
Divisione Servizi Direzione
Responsabile Orientamento e Formazione Professionalizzante
tel 050509030
fax 050509050

 CITIGROUP SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2004

> Citigroup has solidified its position as the largest, and one of the most
> successful financial services organisations in the world, outperforming
and
> leading the field in the most profitable and attractive growth areas. We
> continue to be a market leader in all areas of investment banking - fixed
> income, equities, and advisory services. Our award-winning transactions
and
> leading market share attest to the success of the innovative model we have
> created for financial services.
>
> We would like to invite both penultimate and final year students from the
> University of Pisa to submit applications for the London Summer Internship
> in Investment Banking (Corporate Finance/M&A), Equity Sales and Trading,
> Fixed Income Sales and Trading by:
>
> Friday 13th February 2004 - h 17.30
>
> For further information on our challenges and to apply online please see
the
> website at: www.citigroup.com (click on "careers", "Citigroup on campus",
> "corporate and investment bank"). CV and Covering Letter can also be
> submitted to Chiara Cargnel (chiara.cargnel at citigroup.com), who is
available
> to answer all your questions about programme and procedures.
>
> Please note, we strongly encourage early applications, as we do not wait
> until the deadline to commence the assessment process.

---------------

Citigroup Graduate Recruitment 2003-2004

ORGANISATION DESCRIPTIONS

Citigroup:

Citigroup has solidified its position as the largest, and one of the most
successful financial services organisations in the world, outperforming and
leading the field in the most profitable and attractive growth areas.

Citigroup provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions
with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer
banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, life insurance,
securities brokerage and asset management. Carrying Citigroup's trademark
red umbrella is a family of companies at the heart of which are 250,000
employees based in virtually every part of the world and who are committed
to maintaining a standard of excellence in serving customers and their
local communities.

Global Corporate and Investment Banking Group (GCIB):

Citigroup's continued leadership in every aspect of financial services
underscores the strength of our business model. Indeed, our Global
Corporate and Investment Banking Group (GCIB) has come to define that
model. From global underwriting of debt and equities to the use of
technology, and from transaction banking to advisory services, Citigroup
has established itself as the leading financial services institution for
corporations, governments, and institutional investors around the world.

We continue to be a market leader in all areas of investment banking -
fixed income, equities, and advisory services. Our award-winning
transactions and leading market share attest to the success of the
innovative model we have created for financial services.

The Global Corporate and Investment Banking Group is clearly the most
global of our businesses, with about half of the revenues and just under
half of the net income coming from outside the U.S. The success of
Citigroup's corporate and investment bank in Europe is partly attributable
to the breadth of our franchise. Our ability to provide capital commitments
as well as the best advisory and capital markets execution enables us to
provide potential cost savings and simpler execution to our clients. Our
unique model gives us an edge over competitors who are less able to make
the substantial capital and on-going relationship commitments that clients
seek today.

 CANDIDATE PROFILE

We are a world-class firm who actively seek to recruit the best. Working at
Citigroup is challenging and stimulating, we look for graduates who will
thrive in this environment. We are looking for individuals who have an
excellent academic background, the ability to work in teams and on their
own, and who work well under pressure. In return we offer excellent
training and development opportunities. Our training programme is one of
the best in the business and without doubt, provides a great start to
promising careers.

Citigroup's success is built on attracting the best individuals. In a
corporate environment that embraces a multitude of cultures, we offer
unrivalled opportunities for people of diverse backgrounds and talents to
work with colleagues across a wide range of business groups and markets.
Whether it's designing cutting-edge technology, participating in the
excitement of the trading floor, or assisting in some of the world's
largest corporate deals, you'll enjoy an environment where
entrepreneurship, teamwork and creativity are prized and cultivated. We
know the success of Citigroup lies in our people-and by allowing our
graduates a broader range of experience and the ability to affect change,
we create a stronger Citigroup, and a better place to build a career.

 Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent - any discipline

 Demonstrate numerical ability

 2nd European Language an advantage

 Commitment to excellence

 High level of enthusiasm and a strong desire to learn

 Good communication skills

 Ability to work under pressure

TRAINING

Our training is amongst the best in the industry. As it is designed to
cater for the specific needs of each business, its precise nature varies
between these different business areas. However, our approaches to training
across the firm shares some general characteristics - people, not our
balance sheet, are our most valuable asset. As such, we see training not as
a cost, but as an investment and we do everything we can to help every
individual fulfil his or her potential.

People who join us benefit from a rigorous and structured development
programme, which is reinforced through on-the-job training and further
development opportunities. Many business areas have developed mentoring
schemes to smooth the transition period for new joiners and help employees
manage their careers. Throughout the firm, training is a formal part of the
appraisal process at every level. Individual needs are identified and
solutions tailored to fit.
 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME

Penultimate year students have the opportunity to apply for our Summer
Internship Programme - the first rung on our career ladder The Summer
Internship Programme is an integral part of our graduate recruitment drive.
We devote considerable time and resources to the programme because we find
it an invaluable way to get to know you. It also gives you the chance to
explore whether you would enjoy a career in Financial Services in general -
and with Citigroup in particular. We are looking for highly motivated
individuals with superior academic performance, strong communication and
interpersonal skills and solid quantitative ability. Key attributes of a
qualified candidate are the ability to work independently and in a team,
organisational skills, a high degree of self-motivation and initiative,
with leadership potential.

The programme begins with an orientation day, followed by some formal
training, which is reinforced through on-the-job training and further
development opportunities during the summer. We have a comprehensive summer
calendar, which includes business presentations/case studies, distinguished
speaker series and social events, designed to provide you with a good
understanding of our industry, Citigroup specifically and to have some fun!

If you are seeking a summer internship which provides:
·	Cross-business awareness
·	Intensive and stimulating projects
·	The best training on the "street"
·	Insight into the Financial Services Industry
·	Genuine team atmosphere
·	Real-life experience in a professional environment
·	Ongoing learning
·	Unique opportunity to meet business leaders
·	Potential for a full-time position

then CITIGROUP's Summer Internship programme may be just what you are
looking for.

If you are seeking an internship with real business exposure, high quality
training, cross-business awareness and the opportunity to meet and work
with business leaders, then Citigroup is the place to be this summer. A
summer internship is also the best way to find out if you wish to pursue a
career within the Financial Services industry. We offer internships across
our Corporate and Investment Bank within various business divisions such as:

 Capital Markets - Equity and Fixed Income

 Global Loan Portfolio Management (GLPM)

 Global Relationship Bank (GRB)

 Global Transaction Services (GTS)

 Human Resources

 Investment Banking

 Operations

 Sales and Trading - Equity and Fixed Income

 Technology

We are already accepting summer internship applications. To apply, please
visit our website at www.citigroup.com (select "Careers" and then
"Citigroup on Campus") or go to our Global Corporate and Investment Banking
Group website at www.citigroup.com/citigroup/oncampus/gcib. The application
procedure is fast and user friendly. We are screening applications as they
are submitted, so please apply as soon as possible.

Further information about our internship programmes and business divisions
within Citigroup's corporate and investment bank can be found on our
website at www.citigroup.com (click on "Careers" and then "Citigroup on
Campus").
 MISCELLANEOUS QUESTIONS

Application Procedure: All applications must be submitted via our on-line
system, which can be accessed via our website at www.citigroup.com (select
"Careers" and then "Citigroup on Campus") or go to our Global Corporate and
Investment Banking Website at www.citigroup.com/citigroup/oncampus/gcib.
The system will open on September 1st 2003 to accept both full-time and
summer internship applications. Prior to this date you can register on the
website to receive information regarding our recruitment programmes.

Closing Date for Applications: Applications for our full-time programmes
must be submitted by Friday 14th November 2003. The deadline for
applications to our summer internship programme is Friday 13th February
2004. Please note, we strongly encourage early applications, as we do not
wait until the deadline to commence the assessment process.

Contacts for Applications:

Undergraduate:
Capital Markets/Sales & Trading - Lucy Browne
EMEA - Jo Nash
Global Loan Portfolio Management/Global Relationship Banking - TBC
Global Transaction Services/Human Resources/Operations/Technology - Brian Hood
Investment Banking - Alison Kent

MBA:
Helen Coburn

Locations: The majority of our opportunities are based in London, our
European Headquarters. However, opportunities elsewhere within Europe will
be vary by programme, please visit our website for more detailed
information.

Total Number of vacancies each year: In 2004, we expect to have
approximately 100 Full-time and 140 Summer Internship positions across
Europe.

Vacation Work: Summer Internship opportunities exist across the Corporate
and Investment Bank for penultimate year students. Our Summer Internship
Programme runs during the vacation period for between 10 to 12 weeks.

Work Permits: Applications from non-EEA nationals will be considered.
Applications for the CEEMEA programme will be accepted from citizens of the
following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Czech Republic, Egypt, Hungary,
Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Tunisia, Turkey and
UAE.

Professional qualifications, if any, for which graduates study in their
first three years?: The SFA exam. Operations graduates study for the IAQ
merit award.

Salary: Competitive

Required degree discipline: any degree discipline.

Will you consider applications from 1st year/non-penultimate year students
for the summer internship programme?: No
 Application Criteria:

Programme 	Candidate Profile/Eligibility 	Business Divisions
Undergraduate - Full-Time
 Minimum 26 UCAS points or International
Baccalaureate score 35 (or equivalent)

 Studying for or have obtained (within the last year), one or more of the
following qualifications (or equivalent), achieving or expecting a minimum
grade of 2:1 (or equivalent):
BSc/BA/BEng
MSc/MA/MEng
MBA (less than 3 years continuous work experience)	All business areas
except:
Operations
Technology
HRMA
Undergraduate - Full-Time
 Minimum 22 UCAS points or International
Baccalaureate score 28 (or equivalent)

 Studying for or have obtained (within the last year), one or more of the
following qualifications (or equivalent), achieving or expecting a minimum
grade of 2:1 (or equivalent):
BSc/BA/Beng
MSc/MA/MEng	Technology
HRMA
Undergraduate - Full-Time
 Minimum 18 UCAS points (or equivalent)

 Studying for or have obtained (within the last year), one or more of the
following qualifications (or equivalent), achieving or expecting a minimum
grade of 2:1 (or equivalent):
BSc/BA/BEng
MSc/MA/MEng	Operations
Undergraduate - Internship
 Minimum 26 UCAS points International
Baccalaureate score 35 (or equivalent)

 PENULTIMATE YEAR of study expecting to achieve a minimum grade of 2:1 (or
equivalent) for one of the following qualifications (or equivalent):
[...]

MBA - Full-Time
 Candidates eligible for this programme must be studying
for or have obtained (within the last year), one of the following
qualifications or equivalent:
MiF with at least 3-5 years continuous work experience
MBA with at least 3-5 years continuous work experience	Global Transaction
Services
Investment Banking
Structured Corporate Finance
MBA - Internship
 Candidates eligible for this programme must be
currently studying for one of the following qualifications or equivalent,
and will be resuming their studies after completion of an internship:
MiF with at least 3-5 years continuous work experience
MBA with at least 3-5 years continuous work experience	Global Transaction
Services
Investment Banking
Structured Corporate Finance

 CITIGROUP FOUNDATION

Citigroup's and the Citigroup Foundation's giving in 2002 totaled $77.7
million to organizations in 83 countries and territories. Over the last
three years, the Foundation's international grantmaking increased steadily,
from $8.09 million in 2000 to $14.3 million in 2002.

Working with a global network of colleagues and partners, the Foundation
gives grants focused in three main areas:

 Financial Education

 Educating the Next Generation

 Building Communities and Entrepreneurs

Financial Education

In 2002, the Citigroup Foundation gave more than $8.9 million to
organizations that promote and enhance Financial Education, such as the UK
Career Academy Foundation (www.careeracademies.org.uk) and Junior
Achievement International (www.jaintl.org).

The Citigroup Foundation is committed to providing opportunities for people
to develop the skills and knowledge they need to manage their personal
finances responsibly, make informed economic decisions, and achieve success
in the global workplace.

Educating the Next Generation

In 2002, the Citigroup Foundation gave more than $19.8 million to
organizations engaged in Educating the Next Generation such as the Civic
Education Project (www.cep.org.hu) and the Citigroup Bursary part of the
University of Oxford's Enhanced Bursaries programme
(http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/finance/bursaries).

The Citigroup Foundation seeks to strengthen the quality of teaching,
improve student achievement, increase access to higher education, and
encourage students' creativity through arts education programs. Enhancing
educational opportunities will better prepare the next generation to
achieve personal and professional success.

Building Communities and Entrepreneurs

In 2002, the Citigroup Foundation gave more than $27.8 million to
organizations engaged in Building Communities and Entrepreneurs such as
Habitat for Humanity (www.habitat.org) and Women's World Banking
(www.swwb.org).

Citigroup operates in more than 100 countries, and in each, our workforce
is more than 98 percent local. This creates an environment with an inherent
respect for diverse backgrounds and different cultures, combined with our
company's deep desire to make each community a better place because we are
there.

For further information about the Citigroup Foundation please visit our
website at www.citigroup.com/citigroup/corporate/foundation.
 CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP AT CITIGROUP

We recognise that citizenship begins with ethical behaviour. Citigroup has
a clearly stated code of conduct that is applied across the entire company.
Topics covered by our code of conduct include:

 Community and Workplace Responsibilities

 Commitment to the Environment

 Fair and Free Markets

 Antitrust Compliance

 Anti-Money Laudering Compliance

 Suspicious Activity Reporting

 Financial Holding Company Regulatory Restrictions

 Anti-Boycott Laws

 Privacy of Customer Information

 Data Protection

 Insider Trading

 Political Activities and Contributions

 Lobbying

Citigroup's Corporate Citizenship commitment means making communities
better because we are there. Out first obligation is to uphold high
standards of business conduct, manage a successful business that provides
employment for 250,000 individuals, serve our clients well, and build
shareholder value, all of which provide the foundation for contributing.

Along with taking responsibility for their local businesses, Citigroup's
country officers and business managers ensure that we are local leaders in
corporate citizenship. They do this through partnerships between our local
businesses, the Citigroup Foundation, non-governmental organisations
(NGO's), and on occasion, our clients and local governments. The clearest
evidence of our positive impact on communities is our employees, more than
98 percent of our employee are hired locally.

Community

Citigroup strengthened its participation in 2002 in a broad rage of
community building initiatives that help foster healthy economies:
financing affordable housing, helping to create and sustain microlending
programmes, helping NGOs and nonprofits strengthen their operations, and
supporting financial education, small business development, and savings
incentive programmes. Our involvement includes creating customised products
and services, offering access to technical assistance and management
expertise, and providing funding and employee volunteers.

Environment

Citigroup believes that working to conserve and enhance the environment is
sound business practice. We were one of the first U.S.-based financial
services companies to implement an environmental affairs programme more
than 10 years ago. Over the past decade, our programme has evolved and
continues to grow to meet the needs of an ever-changing business climate.
We made substantial progress in 2002, implementing specific programmes and
engaging more employees and businesses, embedding concern for these issues
in the company. Productive dialogues with a number of our NGO partners and
investors who have shared their views with us and given us feedback on our
progress have helped us.

Workplace at Citigroup

Citigroup aspires to be known as a company where the best people want to
work, where they are given opportunities to develop, and where a health
balance is struck between work and family. We value and embrace the
diversity of thought, background, and experience that is the cornerstone of
our global business.

Equator Principles

Citigroup, along with nine financial institutions from seven countries, has
adopted the Equator Principles - a new, voluntary set of guidelines
developed by the banks for managing social and environmental issues related
to the financing of development projects, based on the policies and
guidelines of the World Bank and International Finance Corporation (IFC).

We take special pride in the Equator Principles because Citigroup, as the
world leader in project finance, played a leadership role from the
beginning. The debate about globalisation has now focused on the private
sector and there is a growing realization that much more can be
accomplished by working with responsible companies than against them. Our
role in the creation of the Equator Principles was inspired in part by our
dialogue with shareholders, clients, and nongovernmental organizations and
demonstrates the positive a role the corporate sector can play.

While this is an important step, we realize there is more to do. We are
committed to, and look forward to, continued progress in our commitment to
the community.