[CvGmt News] Seminaio di Analisi

alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it alberti at mail.dm.unipi.it
Thu Dec 9 21:03:00 CET 2004

Seminario di Analisi / Analysis Seminar

   when:  Mercoledì 15 dicembre, ore 18.00 / Wednesday, december 15, at 6
   pm:

   where: Dipartimento di Matematica, sala delle riunioni

   speaker: Frederic Charve (Ecole Polytechnique, Paris)

   title:   Asymptotics   for  a  geophysical  fluids  system:  study  of
   dispersion phenomena induced by strong rotation and stratification

   abstract:   After  a  small  explanation  of  the  characteristics  of
   geophysical  fluids, rotation of the earth and vertical stratification
   of  the  density, we will write the system of the primitive equations.
   We   will   first   formally  obtain  the  limit  system  (called  the
   quasigeostrophic  system)  and give a first explanation of the problem
   of  getting  the  limit  when  goes  to  zero. Then we will talk about
   oscillations  and  dispersion  for the wave equation. After a study of
   the  eigen  elements  of  the linearized system we will get dispersive
   estimates and Strichartz estimates. In application of these Strichartz
   estimates  we  obtain  the  asymptotics  in the case of weak solutions
   (Leray  solutions), strong solutions (in the sense of Fujita-Kato). We
   then give much more precise estimates for the speed of convergence and
   also in the case of regular vortex patches.

Reference: http://www.dm.unipi.it/~alberti/files/altrepagine/SeminarioAnalisi/home.html

You find this news in the cvgmt preprint server: http://cvgmt.sns.it/news/20041215/