[CvGmt News] SEMINARIO DI SISTEMI DINAMICI (olomorfi e dintorni)

Dynamical Systems Trimester dynsys at math.sns.it
Thu Mar 20 09:40:44 CET 2003

SEMINARIO DI SISTEMI DINAMICI (olomorfi e dintorni)

Aula Seminari del Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi
Piazza dei Cavalieri, Collegio Puteano

Martedi' 25 marzo ore 14.30

Dott. Charles FAVRE (CNRS, Paris)

VALUATION SPACE AND LOCAL DYNAMICS
(Joint work with M. Jonsson)

Abstract

We study dynamical properties of a superattracting germ $f: ({\bf
C}^2,0)\circlearrowleft$. Our aim is to describe the sequence of rate
of contraction of the iterates of such a map. In order to do that, we
look at the induced action of $f$ on the space of germs of irreducible
curves. It is important to endow this space with a sufficiently
regular topology so as to develop tools of analytic nature. It is then
natural to embedd this space in a space of valuations.

We shall describe the main structure of this space of valuations. As
an application, we shall prove that the generating series of the rate
of contraction of $f^n$ is a rational function with integer
coefficients.

Stefano Marmi
Marco Abate