[CvGmt News] LAREDO summer school

Giuseppe Buttazzo buttazzo at dm.unipi.it
Tue Feb 13 18:32:02 CET 2001

Dear colleague:

I am sending you the announcement (in TEX) of a Summer School we are
organizing in Laredo (Spain) in the first week of September 2001.

Please, pass this information to the colleagues that might be
interested in it.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Enrique
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\magnification=\magstep1

\centerline{\bf XVII Laredo Summer Courses}

\centerline{\bf  Universidad de
Cantabria-Ayuntamiento de Laredo}

\bigskip
\centerline{\bf  3-7 September, 2001}
\bigskip
\centerline{\bf PROSPECTIVE SCHOOL IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS}
\bigskip

\centerline{\bf  Director: Enrique ZUAZUA}
\bigskip \bigskip
  \noindent {\bf Eduardo Casas},
Universidad de Cantabria, Spain

  \noindent   Optimal Control of Partial Differential Equations

\medskip
  \noindent {\bf  Vicent Caselles},
Universidad Pompeu-Fabra, Spain

  \noindent   Mathematical models in image processing
\medskip
  \noindent {\bf  I\~nigo J. Losada},  Universidad de Cantabria, Spain

  \noindent   Mathematical modelling in the propagation of waves in the ocean
\medskip
\noindent {\bf Norbert J. Mauser},
University of Wien, Austria

  \noindent   Quantum Kinetic Theory with Applications
\medskip
   \noindent  {\bf Juan Luis V\'azquez},
Universidad Aut\'onoma de Madrid, Spain

   \noindent  Fluid Mechanics and the equations of filtration
\medskip
  \noindent {\bf  Enrique Zuazua},
Universidad Complutense, Spain.

   \noindent  Large time behavior and homogenization of evolution equations
\bigskip
This School wil be held in Laredo, in the north coast of Spain, 80 kms
west of
Bilbao, in the frame of the Summer Courses of the University of Cantabria.

It is mainly
oriented to young researchers in Applied Mathematics. But the School
may also be of
interest for senior researchers.

A panoramic of some challenging topics in Applied Mathematics will be
presented. Theoretical aspects will be covered as well as modelling
issues and
topics related with numerical simulation.

The courses we have chosen cover the propagation of waves in the ocean, an
introductory course in Fluid Mechanics and the equations of filtration, Quantum
Kinetic Theory, the Optimal Control of Partial Differential Equations,  image
processing and the homogenization of evolution partial differential equations.

All courses will end up with a discussion of the state of the art and
the open
problems in the corresponding field.
\bigskip
\vfill\eject
{\bf For more information concerning the programme, inscription,
fellowships, etc.:
\medskip
Enrique Zuazua

Departamento de Matem\'atica Aplicada